Monday, April 4, 2011

The day had come...

Cambria is here!! Yay!! Well, our little girl is here. She came nine days earlier than we had expected but we are sooooo happy. She was born March 15 @ 8:13pm and weighed 5lbs 9oz.

I had gone in that morning for my weekly visit and told the doctor that i had been having contractions so he sent me immediately to labor and delivery to be monitored. Since I had three previous c-sections it was very dangerous for me to be contracting regularly because my uterus could rupture. The nurses hooked me up to the monitors for two hours and saw that the contractions were regular so I got admitted and told that I was going to have my little girl that day.
Rudy and I were a little flustered because we still and a little over a week till our scheduled c-section and liked that we had it set and that we had time to get things settled the way we wanted. Cambria had other plans though. We did have to wait quite a few hours because there were a few emergencies before us. But then at about 7:00pm the nurses came in with our "outfits" and the gross stuff I have to drink and then it was go time. I got so nervous sitting in the operating room while they were getting everything ready! I was really freaking out.
After Rudy was let in the room I was a lot calmer, but very anxious. Then after what seemed like forever I heard everyone saying "It's a girl!" and "Oh, she is beautiful" but I did not hear the one thing that I was expecting. There was no crying. None. For those that know me know that I am a very nervous person so this was throwing me threw a loop. Finally I heard the tiniest cry and then they yelled out how much she weighed, "5lbs. 9oz.". I asked them to repeat themselves about six times. There was no way, I had never had a baby that little. Then I saw her, she was the smallest, most perfect thing.
The recovery went well and we even left the hospital a day early. She has been the cutest little thing. She is sooooo quite, when she is awake she usually just lays there and stares at us. I couldn't be happier with this ending to our baby having. Which to those that are wondering, Yes this is our last one. I was informed that I could not handle carrying another baby. We are totally fine with this and are grateful for the beautiful children that we have.

Hopefully I will get better at this blog thing and write more often, but we will see. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment